InnerCity Struggle (ICS) is a social justice, community-building and membership driven organization based in the Eastside of Los Angeles. ICS works with youth and families to promote safe, healthy and non-violent communities. We organize youth and families in Boyle Heights, unincorporated East Los Angeles, El Sereno and Lincoln Heights to work together to advance social and educational justice.
InnerCity Struggle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Office Assistant (Full Time Position)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Office Assistant would be responsible for the day-to-day building operations and support with facility management. This person will provide program support and will assist the executive leadership. The organization is looking for someone with previous experience in providing clerical, receptionist and technology support. The Office Assistant will be reporting to the Administrative Coordinator.
Key responsibilities include:
- General administrative support, including answering phone-calls, managing incoming/outgoing mail, office and administrative management
- Facilities management, asses facility needs and create/implement action plan
- Facility vendor liaison
- Identify technology problems and support staff with technology issues
- Provide support with events, special projects, and meetings
- Purchase, receive and store office supplies
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Process utility invoices
- Provide assistance to executive leadership
- Coordinate room reservations
- Oversee van maintenance
- Oversee token distribution program
- Other assignments and tasks as assigned
InnerCity Struggle is seeking a person who meets the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Social and Educational Justice
- CA driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile (with at minimum, liability insurance)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in clerical or related work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Effective and concise writing and communication skills
- Minimum 2-year commitment preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a must
*Salary $19.25/hour. Full medical benefits included.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Brigette Plascencia, Administrative Coordinator
Deadline for accepting applications: June 28, 2019
Please include “Office Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Cover Letter must address why you are interested in the position and what strengths you would bring to the organization.
No phone calls or site visits, please.