Join InnerCity Struggle for our first community open house Vivir y Luchar on Saturday, August 24th from 3-7PM.
For more than twenty-five years, InnerCity Struggle has served as a powerful voice for Eastside residents and youth. Earlier this year, we were proud to open the doors to our permanent headquarters the InnerCity Struggle Youth and Community Center. A place where parents can advance change and young people can find their voice.
We are inviting all Eastside residents, families and youth to join us for a celebration of culture, resistance, and wellness.
What to expect:
- Live music by La Chamba, Selenamos and El Rio
- Cultural Performances by Iztacuauhtli a traditional Aztec Dancing group
- Activities for all ages
- Food and Craft vendors
- Action Booths by InnerCity Struggle, the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights(CHIRLA), Latino Equality Alliance(LEA) and the Los Angeles County Registrar's Office.
- Health & Wellness Booths by Clinica Romero, Planned Parenthood, Promesa BH Wellness Team, American Red Cross, East LA Women's Center, Alma Family Services (GRYD), and The Wellness Center.
LA County Resources Including:
- LA County Department of Public Social Services including on-site enrollment services for CalFresh and Medi-Cal
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority with information on public transit, TAP cards, trip planning, mobility for seniors and ADA
- LA County Department of Public Health with information and resources on Influenza immunization, screening of tuberculosis, substance abuse and emergency preparation resources.
- Tenant Rights and Protections
- 2020 Census
This event is free and open to the public. RSVP to join us!
3467 Whittier Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90023
Google map and directions